Are you a natural-born innovator with a passion for cutting-edge technology and a hunger for success? We’re assembling an extraordinary group of visionaries to join us in revolutionizing the industry. This is your chance to be a part of something truly groundbreaking. Don’t miss out – apply today and let’s create the future together!
KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including applications on the Space Station and Mars Rover.
Job Title: Engineering Intern, Prototyping and Testing (Multi-hire: 4 positions)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-Time Variable
Pay: $27.00 Hourly
Duration: ~3 months
Location: Onsite, Houston, TX
Travel: Occasional travel required.
Reports to: Director of Engineering
KULR Technology Corporation recently launched its KULR ONE platform at CES 2023 this past January. KULR ONE (K1) is a safe, high performance, modular, and intelligent battery platform. In addition, KULR offers KULR ONE Design Services (K1-DS) to customers seeking custom battery options. With K1-DS, KULR takes the standard practices and principals applied to the K1 platform and applies them to help a customer develop their own battery system specific to their use case.
Our K1 and K1-DS processes, which the prototyping and testing intern will become fully immersed in, involves comprehensive CAD and design engineering, prototyping activities, rigorous testing and analysis activities, and interaction in a dynamic team environment. For this position, the intern will support the design, prototyping, and testing of lithium-ion battery packs for both the KULR ONE platform and for custom builds for key customers.
- Rapid turnaround creation (and/or modification of existing) CAD Drawings (Solidworks).
- Operate 3-D printer(s) for prototyping purposes.
- Ordering, receiving, and assembly of prototype parts and components.
- Instrumenting test articles with sensors (e.g., thermocouples) and thermal runaway trigger methods (e.g. heaters and nail penetration systems).
- Prepping test articles for thermal runaway abuse testing.
- Assistance with charging and conditioning of cells prior to testing.
- General operation of power supplies and load banks.
- Aid in assembly of KULR products for customers.
- Cross-training. An engineer’s educational activities are never completed and cross-training in other areas, mutually agreed upon by the engineer and their supervisor, will be required to further support Company needs.
- Actively enrolled in a 4-year B.S. engineering academic program track.
- Experience with design activities involving CAD and mechanical drawing development. Solidworks preferred.
- Experience with design and fabrication of hardware.
- Experience in hands-on assembly and/or testing activities.
- Experience operating and prototyping with a 3-D printer.
- Exposure to lithium-ion battery topics.
- Desired computer skills: Solidworks, PTC Creo Parametric, Altium, electrical design platforms, GT-SUITE, thermal analysis platforms, computational fluids dynamics (CFD) platforms, combustion analysis platforms, Tableau or Microsoft Power BI, LabVIEW, MATLAB, KeyShot and/or Blender.
- Expert use of MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project) required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Exposure to design of structural/mechanical systems, lithium-ion battery systems preferred.
- Exposure to test and analysis of batteries and related hardware.
- Ability to be build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with a team.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to assume personal accountability, address limitations, exhibits honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, assessing business needs and using problem solving skills to address challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to serve and actively contribute as an active team member on the immediate team and the larger organization. Ability to support the team effort without necessarily taking the lead.
- Able to generate new insights into situations and encourage innovation to generate successful outcomes. Creates, designs, and implements programs or processes.
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and results to support of organizational success.
- Ability to understand and analyze underlying organizational issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build effective relationships to achieve business results.
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The work is performed in an office environment.
- Employment is subject to clearing a criminal background check.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- U.S. Citizenship required due to federal contract(s).
- Successful applicant must meet ITAR requirements.
Disclosure And Acknowledgement:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other associates.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by the supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.