KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including applications on the Space Station and Mars Rover.
Job Title: Technical Sales Engineer
Reports to: Vice President of Sales and Marketing
The Technical Sales Engineer will provide technical support to the sales team, including proposal creation, technical writing, project management, and customer interface. This role will lead cross functional teams in the project development process.
- Collaborate with sales team to provide technical support throughout the sales cycle, including proposal creation, technical writing, and project management.
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather technical information and create proposals that meet customer requirements.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of our products and services and be able to effectively communicate their technical capabilities to customers.
- Leveraging technical knowledge and capability, manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring that all projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Act as the primary point of contact for customers, responding to technical inquiries and providing support throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provide technical training to customers as needed and participate in customer meetings and presentations.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, such as engineering or computer science. Masters preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in technical sales support, proposal creation, technical writing, project management, or a related field.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Battery experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to communicate to technical and non-technical groups in achieving common goals.
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to assume personal accountability, address limitations, exhibits honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, assessing business needs and using problem solving skills to address challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to serve and actively contribute as an active team member on the immediate team and the larger organization. Ability to support the team effort without necessarily taking the lead.
- Able to generate new insights into situations and encourage innovation to generate successful outcomes. Creates, designs, and implements programs or processes.
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and results to support of organizational success.
- Ability to understand and analyze underlying organizational issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build effective relationships to achieve business results.
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee may encounter while performing this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Office Work Environment:
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, which permits the employee to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person. Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to frequently operate a personal computer (estimated 80%-100% of the typical workday) and other office equipment. Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work in an office setting and at a computer workstation for an extended period, with the ability to move around the office considered to be approximately 100% of the workday.
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Pay: $111,000 – $144,000
Location: Hybrid – between home office and either San Diego or Houston location.
KULR Technology Location: San Diego or Houston (Houston preferred)
Travel: 10% Travel to accommodate trade show or customer meeting.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to provide own transportation between work locations.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to federal contract requirements.
- Successful applicant must meet ITAR requirements.
Disclosure And Acknowledgement:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other associates.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by the supervisor in compliance with federal and state Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.