Are you a seasoned recruiter with experience supporting a federal contractor who has a passion for tech? We are seeking a results-driven Technical Recruiter (emphasis on Mechanical/Electrical Engineering) to join us as we build the KULR team!
KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including applications on the Space Station and Mars Rover.
Job Title: Technical Recruiter (Electrical/Mechanical Engineering)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Pay: $75,500 – $132,400
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
KULR Technology Location: San Diego, California.
Travel: Occasional travel.
Under strategic leadership, the Technical Recruiter conducts organization-wide full-cycle recruiting for high and low complexity roles, with the majority consisting of engineering (Mechanical, Electrical) and technical -related positions. This position strategically markets positions to a broad, diverse talent pool and sources and screens with excellence, resulting in a slate of highly qualified candidates for each open recruitment. Recruitments range across all business units, including but not limited to: engineering, technical, executive, operations, sales, marketing, administration and finance-related roles. The Technical Recruiter manages the recruitment process in compliance with federal contractor obligations, educating hiring managers in employment law and federal contractor compliance as well. This role will support the employee experience through avenues such as: new hire orientation, employee relations intake (or inquiry) and employee engagement.
- Build strong rapport with hiring managers. Conduct thorough intake sessions, clarify business and talent needs for each role as well including (highly technically specialized at times) required qualifications early on in the process. Provide hiring managers with weekly status updates.
- Develop and design targeted, effective, efficient recruitment strategies (marketing, sourcing, etc.) to meet critical business needs for each unique role. Partner with hiring manager to modify, augment or pivot in recruiting strategy as needed during lifespan of recruitment.
- Develop and manage strong consultative relationships with both hiring managers and candidates.
- Proactively source candidates directly in the marketplace and develop candidate pools within the respective geographic markets.
- Provide consistent, professional and welcoming candidate care experience, from initial contact and application through offer. Maintain frequent, relevant communication with top candidates to keep them engaged. Manage candidate pipelines and maintain a database of potential hires for future positions.
- Conduct pre-screen interviews based on job requirements and business needs.
- Thoroughly screen all applicants based on required qualifications listed in the job description used for the posting.
- Schedule interviews for hiring managers, disposition candidates, conduct offers, decline remaining candidates with courtesy and excellence in candidate care.
- Provide standardized recruitment tools for hiring managers in support of consistent and equitable hiring process.
- Train hiring managers on use of ATS and other aspects of recruitment process as needed.
- Employ best practices for fair and equitable hiring, given federal and state laws, in support of Equal Employment Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action.
- Provide recruiting metrics to HR leadership and HR team on a regular basis.
- Successfully negotiate job offers aligned to approved ranges, finalize start date, send out offer.
- Conduct reference and background checks.
- Recommend, plan, and attend outreach activities including but not limited to job fairs.
- Utilize specialized engineering networks, job boards, and industry forums to attract top engineering talent.
- Collaborate with the HR team to ensure a seamless onboarding process for engineering hires.
- Conduct new hire orientation, including I-9 form and onboarding process.
- Support employee engagement activities and initiatives.
- Front line employee relations response (intake, inquiry) escalating as needed.
- Maintain current knowledge of and ensure compliance with all applicable federal contractor requirements (laws, regulations, etc.), EEOC, OFCCP, and UGESP guidelines as related to the recruitment process.
- Assist with Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) reporting and generate and execute outreach activities.
- Conduct regular audits to assess compliance levels in recruiting practices and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide training and guidance to management and employees on compliance-related matters.
- Prepare weekly reports and metrics to track recruitment and compliance metrics.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records related to recruitment activities, compliance efforts, and employee relations matters.
Other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- 4-7 years’ experience in technical recruiting.
- 4-7 years’ experience online sourcing (actively and passively, leveraging social media).
- 3-5 years’ experience recruiting for engineering positions (mechanical, electrical).
- 3-5 years’ experience leading the recruitment function for a federal contractor. Aerospace or defense preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience applying knowledge of employment law (federal, state) in practical employment-related situations.
- 3-5 years employee relations experience (inquiry, fact-finding, etc.)
- Prior experience recruiting for internship programs preferred.
- AIRS (Advanced Internet Recruitment Strategies) certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong demonstrated experience filling niche technical roles in electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Strong demonstrated experience in designing highly effective recruitment strategies.
- Strong demonstrated experiencing actively sourcing talent.
- Strong ability to accurately assess which variables may need to be adjusted to attract and retain relevant talent for difficult to fill roles.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of federal contractor compliance as related to the recruitment function.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal reporting obligations as related to EEOC and OFCCP.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance issues and best practices regarding internship programs preferred.
- Strong demonstrated experience using an Applicant Tracking System.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to assume personal accountability, address limitations, exhibits honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, assessing business needs and using problem solving skills to address challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to serve and actively contribute as an active team member on the immediate team and the larger organization. Ability to support the team effort without necessarily taking the lead.
- Able to generate new insights into situations and encourage innovation to generate successful outcomes. Creates, designs, and implements programs or processes.
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and results to support of organizational success.
- Ability to understand and analyze underlying organizational issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build effective relationships to achieve business results.
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Cooperative spirit within a team of diverse cultures while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee may encounter while performing this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Office Work Environment
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, which permits the employee to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person. Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to frequently operate a personal computer (estimated 80%-100% of the typical workday) and other office equipment. Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work in an office setting and at a computer workstation for an extended period, with the ability to move around the office considered to be approximately 100% of the workday.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Must be able to work flexible hours based on business needs. (Recruiting for positions across time zones; in both San Diego and Texas.)
Disclosure And Acknowledgement:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other associates.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by the supervisor in compliance with federal and state Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.