KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to develop energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space-proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including the Space Station and Mars Rover.
KULR Technology Corporation recently launched its KULR ONE platform at CES 2023 this past January. KULR ONE (K1) is a safe, high-performance, modular, and intelligent battery platform. In addition, KULR offers KULR ONE Design Services (K1-DS) to customers seeking custom battery options. With K1-DS, KULR takes the standard practices and principles applied to the K1 platform and applies them to help a customer develop their own battery system specific to their use case. The Senior Electrical Systems Engineer will design, test, and analyze battery electrical systems for both K1 and K1-DS. This can involve the selection of a Battery Management System (BMS) or design of custom BMS, the design of electrical interconnects and busbars, the determination of cell selection and configuration for new design verticals, and design and interaction with high voltage systems. This individual will be responsible for communicating cost, schedule, development milestones, and progress through KULR’s Product
Development Process (PDP) to the KULR Engineering Design Manager for Battery Systems.
- Design and manage battery electrical systems including, high energy systems, high power systems, and/or high voltage systems. Most verticals involve cylindrical format cells (18650/21700), therefore experience working with these cell formats will be helpful to the candidate.
- Create and/or modify electrical drawings and communicate the contents to our manufacturing team during their development of work instructions.
- Perform electrical analysis of designs for K1 and K1-DS.
- Selection of COTS BMS and/or support the design of custom BMS.
- Aid in the assembly of electrical sub-systems, including tab welding for engineering prototypes.
- Participate in cell-level and battery-level thermal runaway testing including design of testing procedure, execution of testing, processing of testing results, and interpretation of testing results.
- Cross-training. An engineer’s educational activities are never completed and cross-training in other areas, mutually agreed upon by the associate engineer and their supervisor, will be required to further support Company needs.
- Ability to be a part of a tight-knit and quickly growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering is required. Graduate degree in STEM field desired.
- 7+ years’ of design, test, analysis, and/or management of battery electrical systems, battery management systems, high-voltage systems, and/or other relevant electrical systems.
- Prior experience in hands-on testing activities and post-test data interpretation activities.
- Prior experience operating and prototyping with a 3-D printer would be preferred but is not required.
- 1-3 years of experience with design activities involving CAD and electrical schematic development.
- Desired computer skills: Altium, P-Spice, electrical design platforms, Solidworks, PTC Creo Parametric, GT-SUITE, thermal analysis platforms, computational fluids dynamics (CFD) platforms, combustion analysis platforms, Tableau or Microsoft Power BI, LabVIEW, MATLAB. KeyShot and/or Blender experience is also helpful.
- Expert use of MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Expertise with design for volume manufacturing of lithium-ion battery systems with emphasis of expertise being on electrical aspects of the designs.
- Experience involving, or interacting with, either COTS or custom battery management system (BMS).
- Experience working with high energy systems, high power systems, and/or high voltage systems.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to assume personal accountability, address limitations, and exhibit honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, assessing business needs and using problem solving skills to address challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to serve and actively contribute as an active team member on the immediate team and the larger organization. Ability to support the team effort without necessarily taking the lead.
- Able to generate new insights into situations and encourage innovation to generate successful outcomes. Creates, designs, and implements programs or processes.
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and results to support of organizational success.
- Ability to understand and analyze underlying organizational issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build effective relationships to achieve business results.
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The work is performed in an office environment.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Schedule: Monday- Friday
- Location: Houston
- Travel: Occasional Travel
- Salary: $120,000 to $130,000