KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is to develop energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that
benefit humanity using space-proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including the Space Station and Mars Rover.
The Senior Cost Accountant will provide accurate and timely forecasting, reporting, and variance analysis of materials costs and margins, processes, and labor. In addition, the cost accountant will work with Operations and Accounting to support cost-saving, budgeting, audit, and other ad-hoc efforts. This individual will need to be able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage priorities.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends and presents findings and recommendations to management.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data, and recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems.
- Complies with the United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, and forcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, advising management on needed actions.
- Reviews the accuracy of Inventory valuation on the Balance Sheet in a Standard Cost environment.
- Drives continuous operational improvements and efficiencies through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Assesses the adequacy of data-gathering methods utilized by purchasing, inventory control, or production planning.
- Identifies and implements new practices and processes that are “best in the field.”
- Meets deadlines even when dealing with frequent interruptions an additional, as well as, changing priorities.
- Participate in Physical Inventories and Cycle Counts as needed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet, an exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
- Exchange knowledge and information as appropriate to ensure best practices are shared throughout the KULR organization.
- Ensure all sensitive and confidential information is handled appropriately.
- Adhere to all security, safety, and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by the supervisor.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of working experience in accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field, a required or equivalent combination of education and experience. MBA, CPA, preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with cloud-based business management platforms required (NetSuite preferred).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Advanced use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities. Knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety standards & requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, and build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to assume personal accountability, address limitations and exhibit honesty and respect towards others, the company, and oneself.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, assessing business needs and using problem-solving skills to address challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to serve and actively contribute as an active team member on the immediate team and the larger organization. Ability to support the team effort without necessarily taking the lead.
- Able to generate new insights into situations and encourage innovation to generate successful outcomes. Creates, designs, and implements programs or processes.
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and results to support of organizational success.
- Ability to understand and analyze underlying organizational issues. Outstanding interpersonal skills to build effective relationships to achieve business results.
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Ability to work effectively within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The work is performed in an office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Monday- Friday
Location: San Diego, CA
Travel: No Travel
Benefits: 100% employer-paid medical insurance, life insurance, paid time
off (PTO), paid holidays, and 401(k) plan.
Salary: $90,000 to $115,000