KULR TECHNOLOGY GROUP
KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals:
e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including the Space Station and Mars Rover.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, the Quality Technician is responsible for the evaluation of finished products for quality and reliability. The Quality Technician also tracks data for a range of quality tasks, including dimensional and visual inspection results, and system performance of automated equipment. This individual works with QA and Operations teams to perform root cause analysis and document nonconformances, while facilitating the disposition of those goods in a timely manner. This position requires a person with a positive attitude, excellent attention to detail, and a sense of urgency.
- Inspects incoming parts/materials, in-process and finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual and measurement tests, returning products for re-work, and confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs, summarizes re-work and scrap, and controls non-conforming materials.
- Ensures measurement equipment functioning correctly by following operating instructions and calibration requirements, managing repairs as necessary.
- Develops sampling/inspection plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Investigates non-conformances to determine root cause and how to prevent future recurrence. Brainstorms ideas and supports experiments as needed to create solutions for identified problems.
- Reviews SPC data generated from automated processes to ensure customer requirements are being met
- Supports KULR Quality Management System through the maintenance of relevant documentation and data needed to fulfill customer requirements.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, etc.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, and by complying with legal regulations.
Looking for candidates with following skills and abilities:
- Good knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Perform part inspection, including: layout, in process, final, and receiving using all types of mechanical inspection
- Prepare inspection reports
- Coordinate and perform internal process/product audits preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Capacity to work independently from general supervision (once given direction/guidance)
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks working within strict time frames
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to read and interpret assembly and component drawings and engineering specifications
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years in a manufacturing environment preferred (work or school)
- Experience with quality control techniques such as Six Sigma preferred
- Experience with measuring devices such as meters, gauges, computers, calipers, and other measuring instruments
- Root cause analysis experience preferred
- Above average math skills and sound knowledge of statistics
- Experience in Aerospace industry and/or experience with automated equipment/processes preferred
REGION AND REPORTING
- This onsite position based out of the Kearny Mesa area of San Diego
- Standard schedule for this position is Monday-Friday day shift
- This position reports to the Quality Manager
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary is commensurate with experience and expertise
- KULR benefits include 100% employer paid medical insurance, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off
- Come be part of a growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals, creating an exciting and sustainable future!
We’ve tried to describe what we are generally looking for in candidates for this role. Research has shown that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they are qualified for roughly 60% of the skills & experience listed in the job posting. We’d hate to miss out on great talent and the team is growing quickly. If you are interested in developing in this line of work, and have transferable skills, please consider applying!
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at
(408) 675-7002 x156.