KULR TECHNOLOGY GROUP
KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals:
e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including the Space Station and Mars Rover.
The Product Manager drives the go-to-market and product launch for a set of KULR’s industry leading thermal management and Lithium-ion offerings. This includes market analysis and recommendation to ensure strong profitability and increase in revenue and market share. Responsible for product strategy, market/customer requirements, competitor product/pricing analysis, assessment of new/growing markets and general business opportunities. Operates cross-functionally to meet customer demands.
- Tracks/understands market trends, both technical and business, and gathers market intelligence through research and customer visits to monitor market growth/decline and help manage business cycles.
- Sizes market opportunity and recommends the applicable market verticals for existing and new product development. Assesses viability of product concepts & customization requests to meet worldwide market, financial, and technology goals.
- Identifies go-to-market and supports product launch plan working with Sales, Engineering, and Operations.
- Responsible for recommending product pricing and profit guidelines.
- Manages lifecycles of products from concept through launch, to end of life and obsolescence, with attention to maximizing profit through a combination of pricing and cost-reduction initiatives.
- Defines and supports sustaining & end-of-life strategies for mature or declining product lines, with attention to maximizing profit and minimizing excess and obsolete materials.
- Responsible for developing Marketing Requirement Documents (MRDs) for new product developments and Product Marketing Plans for continued growth and expansion of existing products lines or into new markets.
- Assist Engineering in resolving technical questions during the Request for Quote (RFQ) process and provide a strong direct interface between the customer and engineering teams.
- Assists with regular forecasting and demand analysis, interacting with customers and global sales.
- Research and collect data that will feed into new product plans, including critical features, price targets, competitive positioning and long-term customer forecast, trends and product roadmap understanding.
Since not all managers and partners will report to this person, he or she will need to have the experience, skills, personality, and communication skills to gain the support and respect of managers and individual contributors across the company, creating an environment for effective leadership.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills – face-to-face, in writing, by phone, in groups, and in one-on-one settings.
- Superior organizational, planning, and coordination skills with attention to detail.
- Technical/technology understanding to enable communication of specification and creation of MRD’s.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to structure market research and competitive analysis.
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly follow up on commitments.
- Creative problem-solving skills – both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong computer literacy with ability to use Windows, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Energy and ability to motivate others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4-7 years of experience in product management including new product introduction and launch
- EE and/or advanced degree, including M.S., or MBA highly desirable
- Experience working at a startup company
REGION AND REPORTING
- This hybrid position based out of the Kearny Mesa area of San Diego
- This position reports to the Director of Product Management (DOPM)
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary is commensurate with experience and expertise
- KULR benefits include 100% employer paid medical insurance, paid holidays, and unlimited PTO
- Come be part of a growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals, creating an exciting and sustainable future!
This is a new role, and we’ve tried to describe what we are generally looking for in candidates for this role. Research has shown that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they are qualified for roughly 60% of the skills & experience listed in the job posting. We’d hate to miss out on great talent and the team is growing quickly. If you are interested in developing in this line of work, and have transferable skills, please consider applying!
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at
(408) 675-7002 x156.