KULR TECHNOLOGY GROUP
KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals:
e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including the Space Station and Mars Rover.
The Procurement Intern provides necessary support to production and Supply Chain by creating purchase requisitions, purchase orders, acquiring supplier documentation, and tracking on-time delivery.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create Purchase Requests (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs) processing in ERP System and issue POs to approved suppliers. Ensure suppliers’ adherence to established agreements.
- Run weekly Open Order Reports to ensure Supplier OTD KPI is met.
- Optimize order management (batching) process to ensure effective costing and communication with low and mid-tier suppliers.
- Monitor and report suppliers’ delivery and quality performance to Director of Supply Chain and Procurement Coordinator. Aide in addressing recurring or critical issues by utilizing corrective action tools and additional resources.
- Support Accounts Payable in setting up new credit lines with suppliers, providing appropriate receipts and documentation, and resolving invoice discrepancies.
- Assist with additional procurement related projects and ad-hoc requests as assigned.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and/or review all purchase requisitions for correctness of setup, completeness, and inclusion of appropriate documentation backup and purchase justification to substantiate the basis for the existence of the PO and the amount.
- Send follow up e-mail notifications and reminders, as required.
- Assist with the development of procurement training materials to educate and train new and existing requisitioners and approvers on the procure-to-pay process.
- Additional troubleshooting and communications as required to address insufficiencies and remedy for future PRs.
- Provide Director of Supply Chain with weekly status updates in team sync meetings.
- Provide supplier invoices to Accounts Payable for processing with appropriate codes for categorization of expense. Track days to pay and prioritize invoices as necessary.
- Assist with the collection of data, procurement-related analytics, data reporting and slide presentations.
- Adhere to purchasing process and ensure ongoing preparedness for quality inspections.
- Collaborate with Director of Supply Chain and Procurement Coordinator to understand procurement requirements and then relaying those requirements in PO details.
- Maintain existing relationships with low and mid-tier suppliers, as well as establish new relationships to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work.
- Schedule weekly supplier meetings with Director of Supply Chain for status and escalations.
- Training and knowledge of KULR’s software packages.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Advanced PC skills.
- Experience with Oracle NetSuite program or related ERP system preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE
- Actively enrolled in a college or university program working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Economics, Marketing or STEM related field.
- Quick study in a dynamic environment and an appetite to take on a variety of tasks.
- Experience working with PowerPoint, Excel and Word is required.
- Work with an innovative company serving high tech markets and applications.
- Expand your knowledge with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software systems.
- Professional development opportunities with company leaders and subject matter experts.
- Flexible schedule to accommodate class schedule.
- This position is classified as a NonExempt Internship and the hourly wage is $20/hour
- Come be part of a growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals, creating an exciting and sustainable future!
We’ve tried to describe what we are generally looking for in candidates for this role. Research has shown that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they are qualified for roughly 60% of the skills & experience listed in the job posting. We’d hate to miss out on great talent and the team is growing quickly. If you are interested in developing in this line of work, and have transferable skills, please consider applying!
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required or most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at (408) 675-7002 x156.