As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will work cross-functionally with our world-class
team to mature designs and to adapt existing product designs to meet customer needs. Our
process, which the design engineer will become fully immersed in, involves comprehensive
CAD and design engineering, rigorous testing and analysis activities, interaction in a
dynamic team environment, and interfacing with KULR’s customers.
Specifically, the design engineer will design battery packs, modules, and safe-storage
applications to support one or more of KULR’s product lines. Overall, the design engineer
will focus in the areas of battery safety, battery development and mechanical systems.
- Create and/or modify existing CAD Drawings. Create and/or modify mechanical processes and communicate critical features to our manufacturing team during their development of work instructions.
- Perform mechanical analysis of designs incorporating KULR battery safe-storage solutions, e.g., battery packs utilizing TRS for thermal runaway protection.
- Develop and facilitate performance-based test procedures for materials, components and assembled systems to validate design requirements.
- Aid in assembly of KULR products for customers. Operate 3-D printer for prototyping purposes. Cross-training. An engineer’s educational activities are never completed and cross-training in other areas, mutually agreed upon by the associate engineer and their supervisor, will be required to further support Company needs.
- Ability to be a part of a tightknit and quickly growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience with design activities involving CAD and mechanical drawing development. Relevant internship experience can count towards this requirement.
- 1-3 years’ experience in hands-on assembly and/or testing activities. Relevant internship experience can count towards this requirement.
- 1-3 years’ experience operating and prototyping with a 3-D printer. Relevant internship experience can count towards this requirement.
- Prior experience working with battery systems, BMS, and electrical systems would be preferred, but is not required.
- Desired computer skills: Solidworks, PTC Creo Parametric, Altium, electrical design platforms, GT-SUITE, thermal analysis platforms, computational fluids dynamics (CFD) platforms, combustion analysis platforms, Tableau or Microsoft Power BI, LabVIEW, MATLAB. KeyShot and/or Blender experience is also helpful.
- Expert use of MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) required.
- Self-motivated, action oriented.
- Ability to work with a fast past and dynamic team.
- Adaptable, trustworthy, and resilient.
- Ability to operate independently, even when facing roadblocks.
Other related information:
- Job Type: Full-time
- Schedule: Monday- Friday
- Location: Houston, TX
- Travel: Occasional travel required.
- Benefits: 100% employer paid medical insurance, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and 401(k) plan.
- Salary: $70,000-$90,000