Supervise Inbound and Outbound shipment activity in the operation, make on time delivery for shipment on the way to meet production schedule and business delivery requirement.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, damages, or discrepancies for reporting, accounting, or recordkeeping purposes.
- Prepare documents, such as shipping labels, packing lists, dangerous goods declarations, commercial invoices, and bills of lading to route materials.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping including special markings for shipping of hazardous and dangerous goods.
- Contact carrier representatives and customs agents to make shipping arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Understand and comply with customer requirements utilizing ERP software to determine shipping methods, routes or rates for materials to be shipped.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Compute amounts, such as space available, shipping and storage.
- Uses process-oriented approach to effectively and accurately maintain all shipment data.
- Acts as a liaison among transportation providers, clients, and suppliers while developing and maintaining relationships.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to develop creative logistics solutions.
- Identifies and acts on continuous improvement opportunities in line with team goals.
- Maintains and develops positive business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Triage delivery related issues and resolutions, customer inquiries, and information updates.
- Assist Director of Supply Chain in new markets as they scale in management of order volume for new and existing products and materials.
- Develop, test and support the implementation of new logistics protocols and procedures.
- Manage all communication with internal teams and external stakeholders to ensure a seamless delivery experience.
- Proficiency in determining logistics requirements to enable company’s business goals and objectives with ability to devise and implement strategy to achieve targets.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and management continuous productivity and cost reduction programs.
- Team oriented with convincing customer service and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work in self-regulated team environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of two years related inventory/supply chain/logistics experience required.
- Haz-mat/Dangerous Goods Certification, preferred.
- Forklift certification, preferred.
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at (408) 675-7002 x156.