KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including applications on the Space Station and Mars Rover.
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator III
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $22.45/hour – $33.13/hour
Reports to: Director of Supply Chain
KULR Technology Location: Houston
Travel: Some local travel may be required.
The Logistics Coordinator III is responsible for logistical operations as well as procurement activities across the company, including sourcing activities and working with vendors to secure the best prices for products and services while also ensuring high quality standards are met. This position will collaborate with Supply Chain on Material Requirement Planning (MRP) for production as well as Engineering to onboard suppliers to support R&D projects. In addition, this role will support all aspects of Logistics for KULR’s Houston, Texas location, including shipping, receiving and inventory control. Both Procurement and Logistics responsibilities will heavily rely on the use of ERP Software (NetSuite).
- Provides clerical support for inbound and outbound logistical operations. Coordinates inventory management, warehousing, and transportation activities in order to optimize inventory levels and minimize costs. Supports a variety of logistical functions, including receiving and dispatching.
- Initiates, prepares, processes, and verifies purchase orders following established procedures to purchase materials and goods by required delivery dates. Inputs transactions and administers a purchasing and contracts database. Interacts with suppliers to obtain favorable pricing terms, product specifications, monitor availability, and optimize savings. Expedites delayed orders and resolves issues with changes, returns, replacements, and credit arrangements. Coordinates with internal teams to ensure that procurement needs are met promptly and efficiently.
- Performs routine physical inventory cycle counts to ensure inventory is accurate and well managed.
- Ensures accurate and timely receipt of goods and services, following established procedures and electronically logging receipts via ERP system (NetSuite).
- Assists with supplier sourcing activities, liaising with Engineering, Quality and Operations to ensure cost, lead time and quality requirements are met.
- Maintains approved supplier list, supplier documents, and runs weekly open order reports to track supplier on-time delivery (OTD).
- Work with suppliers and Quality Assurance to address quality issues.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain team on MRP (Material Requirement Planning) and learn to navigate new Demand Planning software to support lean inventory practices.
- Work with Logistics Manager to ensure the most economical methods of transport are used and processes are followed for domestic and international shipping (including Dangerous Goods and HazMat shipping).
- May need to operate a forklift and/or pallet jack, with proper training and certification provided.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience:
- High school degree required or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in logistics or inventory management OR minimum of 3 years of experience in purchasing or accounting.
- Experience in high-tech manufacturing industry preferred.
- Experience working with ERP systems (NetSuite, SAP) preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Logistics Management | Stock/Shipment Receiving | Order Tracking | Distribution Software
- Data Entry | Expediting | Inventory Control | Order Processing | Purchasing | Supplier Sourcing | Pricing Analysis | ERP Systems | MRP Software
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to assume personal accountability, address limitations, exhibits honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, assessing business needs and using problem solving skills to address challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to serve and actively contribute as an active team member on the immediate team and the larger organization. Ability to support the team effort without necessarily taking the lead.
- Able to generate new insights into situations and encourage innovation to generate successful outcomes. Creates, designs, and implements programs or processes.
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and results to support of organizational success.
- Ability to understand and analyze underlying organizational issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build effective relationships to achieve business results.
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Cooperative spirit within a team of diverse cultures while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee may encounter while performing this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. Some of the work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, which permits the employee to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person. Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to frequently operate a personal computer and other office equipment. Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work in an office setting and at a computer workstation for an extended period, with the ability to move around the office considered to be approximately 100% of the workday.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Noisy environments. Occasionally.
- Hazardous conditions. Never.
- Operating machinery. Occasionally.
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Occasionally.
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions. Occasionally.
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Occasionally.
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another. Constantly.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing. Occasionally.
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces. Occasionally.
- Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Willingness to obtain a forklift certification and hazmat shipping certification.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to provide own transportation between work locations.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Successful applicant must meet ITAR requirements.
Disclosure And Acknowledgement:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other associates.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by the supervisor in compliance with federal and state Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.