KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including applications on the Space Station and Mars Rover.
Job Title: Facility Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Tony Martinez
Under general supervision, the Facilities Maintenance Technician performs general maintenance and repairs for facilities, equipment and grounds including plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, heating and cooling, and other building systems. This role ensures that the workspaces are safe and functional. This position negotiates contracts with service providers, and regular inspects facilities to meet safety regulations and coordinating renovations and updates.
- Ensure the facility is well-maintained, including but not limited to: repairs, cleaning, and general upkeep of the buildings themselves, equipment and furniture in the buildings, as well as external spaces
- Monitor the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference rooms, parking lots and outdoor recreation spaces.
- Perform routine maintenance on facilities, troubleshoot issues to determine necessary repairs and makes repairs as needed.
- Performs general repairs, including but not limited to: repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Schedule routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors.
- Ensure proper security measures for the workplace, including collaborating with security system vendors or a team of security professionals.
- Maintain day-to-day operations of facilities, such as delegating and/or completing maintenance orders.
- Create reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff.
- Prepare facilities for changing weather conditions.
- Collaborate with building owners and upper management on budgeting for facilities needs.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Education & Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in facilities organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong understanding of facility equipment maintenance and operations, including HVAC, plumbing, and electrical.
- Knowledge of general carpentry and repair.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to assume personal accountability, address limitations, exhibits honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, assessing business needs and using problem solving skills to address challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to serve and actively contribute as an active team member on the immediate team and the larger organization. Ability to support the team effort without necessarily taking the lead.
- Able to generate new insights into situations and encourage innovation to generate successful outcomes. Creates, designs, and implements programs or processes.
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and results to support of organizational success.
- Ability to understand and analyze underlying organizational issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build effective relationships to achieve business results.
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee may encounter while performing this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Office Work Environment
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, which permits the employee to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person. Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to frequently operate a personal computer (estimated 80%-100% of the typical workday) and other office equipment. Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work in an office setting and at a computer workstation for an extended period, with the ability to move around the office considered to be approximately 100% of the workday.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Noisy environments. Occasionally
- Hazardous conditions Occasionally
- Small and/or enclosed spaces. Occasionally,
- Operating machinery and/or power tools. Occasionally
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers. Occasionally
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions. Occasionally
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods. Occasionally
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another. Occasionally
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing. Occasionally
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces. Occasionally
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds. Occasionally
- Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds. Occasionally
- Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more. Occasionally
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like: Occasionally
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Pay: $23.66 – $36.79 Hourly
KULR Technology Location: Houston, Texas
Travel: No Travel required
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
Disclosure And Acknowledgement:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other associates.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by the supervisor in compliance with federal and state Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.