FLSA Status: Full Time Exempt
Reports to: Director of Engineering
KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including the Space Station and Mars Rover.
KULR Technology Corporation recently launched its KULR ONE platform at CES 2023 this past January. KULR ONE (K1) is a safe, high performance, modular, and intelligent battery platform. In addition, KULR offers KULR ONE Design Services (K1-DS) to customers seeking custom battery options. With K1-DS, KULR takes the standard practices and principals applied to the K1 platform and applies them to help a customer develop their own battery system specific to their use case. The Engineering Design Manager for Battery Systems will lead a team of engineers and oversee the development of both the K1 platform and custom developments for target customers. This individual will be responsible for overseeing cost, schedule, development milestones, and progress through KULR’s Product Development Process (PDP).
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Onsite, Houston, TX
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
- Travel: Occasional travel required
- Salary: 130,000 – 170,000
- KULR ONE platform development team leadership and management
- Custom battery development team leadership and management
- Cost and schedule management
- Oversight of and responsibility for design progress through KULR PDP
- Cross-department communication with manufacturing, operations, supply chain, and quality teams
- In-line participation in design, test, and analysis activities
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position will supervise 5-10 number of staff.
Supervisor duties to include:
- Screens applications, interviews candidates, and recommends individuals for hiring.
- Trains and assigns work to new and continuing employees.
- Delegates tasks and provides effective direction to team members to produce substantial business results.
- Independently conducts frequent performance feedback weekly, quarterly and annually, to include annual performance evaluations.
- Makes recommendations for salary increases, merit increases and reclassifications.
- In conjunction with HR, determines corrective action as needed for direct reports.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electrochemical Engineering (required)
- Experience leading teams of 5-10+ engineers (required).
- 10+ years’ experience with design and manufacturing experience of lithium-ion battery systems required. 15+ years’ experience desired.
- Cross-system experience involving, or interacting with, the design of lithium-ion battery structural, mechanical, and electrical systems (required).
- Previous hands-on experience involving build-up and check-out testing of prototype battery systems and sub-systems.
- Graduate degree in STEM field (desired)
- Certifications in PMP, project management, or alterative (desired)
- Prior experience with high voltage systems (desired).
- Prior experience or knowledge of battery safety and thermal runaway protection measures (desired).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Expertise with design for volume manufacturing of lithium-ion battery systems.
- Experience involving, or interacting with, either COTS or custom battery management system (BMS).
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to assume personal accountability, address limitations, exhibits honesty and respect towards others, the company and oneself.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, assessing business needs and using problem solving skills to address challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to serve and actively contribute as an active team member on the immediate team and the larger organization. Ability to support the team effort without necessarily taking the lead.
- Able to generate new insights into situations and encourage innovation to generate successful outcomes. Creates, designs, and implements programs or processes.
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and results to support of organizational success.
- Ability to understand and analyze underlying organizational issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build effective relationships to achieve business results.
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The work is performed in an office environment.
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Must have a current, valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to provide own transportation between work locations.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to federal contract requirements.
- Successful applicant must meet ITAR requirements.
Disclosure And Acknowledgement:
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other associates.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the incumbent of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by the supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.