KULR TECHNOLOGY GROUP
KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including the Space Station and Mars Rover.
The Electrical Technician is primarily responsible for supporting the company in maintaining and upgrading commercial automation and production equipment. Incumbent will combine manual dexterity, attention to detail, and use of hand and power tools in a range of fabrication and maintenance processes. Incumbent must be able to use a variety of machine and lab equipment in carrying out responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Assemble, evaluate, test, and maintain electrical wiring and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctioning equipment.
- Develop and implement equipment maintenance plans.
- Document processes and maintain service records
- Modify and build prototype and production equipment.
- Assist in the transition from prototype to production.
- Resolve multiple types of issues which involves troubleshooting skills pertaining to hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and software.
- Use appropriate test equipment to isolate problems and make repairs in a timely manner.
- Analyze and record test results and prepare written documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience
- High School Diploma
- College coursework in Machining, Electro-mechanics/mechatronics, Industrial Maintenance, and Process Control or relative experience.
- Desirable experience includes experience working with ERP systems, working in an ISO9000 (or similar) manufacturing operation, and Associates degree in relevant field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Possess a very good mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Skilled with a wide variety of hand and power tools.
- Experience with chemical handling and the ability to work in lab environment and around systems which have high pressure, high voltage, and other such hazards.
- Ability to perform complex assignments with minimum direction and have the judgement to consult with others as needed.
- Experience with PLC’s preferred
- Organizational and recordkeeping skills.
- Possess knowledge of computer operations and application pertinent to the field required, including MS Word and Excel.
- Experience with CAD preferred (SolidWorks, eDrawings, AutoCAD, etc.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Must be able to: Work in a lab environment requiring long periods of standing, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs. Work at a desk and computer, either standing or sitting for up to 8 hours a day. Perform tasks requiring fine motor skills. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and at times at a high volume.
REGION AND REPORTING
- This is an onsite position based in our headquarters in the Kearny Mesa area of San Diego
- Standard schedule for this position is Monday- Friday day shift- overtime, weekends, and holidays may be expected from time-to-time
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor
PAY AND BENEFITS
- Position is classified as Full Time, Nonexempt and pay is commensurate with experience and expertise
- KULR benefits include 100% employer paid medical insurance, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off
- Come be part of a growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals, creating an exciting and sustainable future!
We’ve tried to describe what we are generally looking for in candidates for this role. Research has shown that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they are qualified for roughly 60% of the skills & experience listed in the job posting. We’d hate to miss out on great talent and the team is growing quickly. If you are interested in developing in this line of work, and have transferable skills, please consider applying!
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required or most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at (408) 675-7002 x156.