KULR Technology Group is a publicly traded company (NYSE: KULR) with a vibrant startup dynamic, headquartered in San Diego, CA. Our mission is developing energy management platforms to accelerate the global transition to a circular electrification economy. We create sustainable solutions that benefit humanity using space proven engineering, making the world of batteries and electronics cooler, lighter, and safer. We operate in four verticals: e-mobility, environmental/energy storage, industrial/consumer tools, and aerospace/defense. Our technologies have been deployed by NASA, including applications on the Space Station and Mars Rover.
Under strategic leadership, the Controls Engineer designs, develops, and maintains control systems for various industrial applications. This vital role works closely with clients, project managers, engineers, technicians, and quality personnel to identify project requirements and ensure the successful completion of control systems projects.
- Develop, write, and optimize PLC, HMI, Robot, Vision, SCADA and Database programs.
- Conduct testing and troubleshooting of control systems to ensure they are functioning as intended.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for control systems, including schematics, wiring diagrams, and programming instructions.
- Maintain, modify, and generate reports from the automation database.
- Assist in the installation and commissioning of control systems.
- Collaborate with other engineers and technical personnel to ensure the successful integration of control systems with other subsystems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that industrial equipment meets regulatory requirements, safety standards, and production goals.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience designing and developing control systems for industrial applications.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Strong understanding of Fanuc Robots, Allen Bradley PLC’s, Ignition SCADA, Keyence Vision, and SQL Databases required.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, build effective relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to accomplish business objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to assume personal accountability, address limitations, and exhibits honesty and respect towards others, the company, and oneself.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, assessing business needs and using problem solving skills to address challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to serve and actively contribute as an active team member on the immediate team and the larger organization. Ability to support the team effort without necessarily taking the lead.
- Able to generate new insights into situations and encourage innovation to generate successful outcomes. Creates, designs, and implements programs or processes.
- Ability to achieve measurable goals and results to support of organizational success.
- Ability to understand and analyze underlying organizational issues.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to build effective relationships to achieve business results.
- Strong demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community.
- Cooperative spirit within a large and/or small team of diverse cultures, while working in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines and frequently changing priorities.
- Intermediate use of computers and Microsoft Office Suite Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee may encounter while performing this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Office Work Environment
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as preparing and analyzing data and figures and viewing a computer terminal. The work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, which permits the employee to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person. Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to frequently operate a personal computer (estimated 80%-100% of the typical workday) and other office equipment. Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work in an office setting and at a computer workstation for an extended period, with the ability to move around the office considered to be approximately 100% of the workday.
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted.
- Noisy environments: Occasionally
- Hazardous conditions: Occasionally
- Small and/or enclosed spaces: Occasionally
- Operating machinery and/or power tools: Occasionally
- Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers: Occasionally
- Adjusting or moving objects up to 50 pounds in all directions: Occasionally
- Remaining in a stationary position, often standing, or sitting for prolonged periods:
- Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one worksite to another: Occasionally
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing: Occasionally
- Moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces: Occasionally
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 pounds: Occasionally
- Medium work that includes moving objects up to 50 pounds: Occasionally
- Heavy work that includes moving objects up to 100 pounds or more: Occasionally
- Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like: Occasionally
KULR Technology Location: San Diego
Travel: No travel required
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Schedule: Monday- Friday
Pay: $90,000 to $120,000
- Employment is subject to clearing a criminal background check.
- Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
- U.S. Citizenship is required due to federal contract requirements.
- Successful applicant must meet ITAR requirements.