Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Primarily Monday- Friday
Benefits: 100% employer paid medical insurance, PTO, Paid Holidays. Ability to be a part of a tightknit and quickly growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals.
The Automation Technician will maintain, troubleshoot, and repair existing assets. This position is also responsible for assisting in the install and commissioning of new automation assets, panel builds, and drawing updates.
- Performs a variety of diagnostic troubleshooting activities on assembly automation equipment.
- Makes mechanical, electrical, pneumatic or hydraulic repairs to assembly automation equipment
- Performs equipment failure analysis, repairs, and scheduled preventative maintenance on robotic and automated equipment.
- Sets up manual and semi-automatic assembly lines and assists in operating pre-production runs.
- Assists in installing new automated equipment and in moving equipment to new locations.
- Creates new robot programs and edit existing robot programs.
- Updates manuals and programs for automated equipment.
- Keeps accurate reports of all activities performed on each piece of equipment.
- Provides input to engineering staff on areas for machine improvements.
- Sets up and maintains production maintenance schedule and parts inventory.
- Ensures all software is backed up and up-to-date.
- Works with Maintenance and Process Technicians to maintain daily production operations and assembly through preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to use advanced trades mathematics together with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
- Ability to use all varieties of precision measuring instruments
- Must be able to apply judgment to perform more difficult work with use of complex drawings, specifications and charts.
- Ability to program and troubleshoot PLC (programmable logic controllers) and ladder logic.
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and schematics.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience with electronics (including, but not limited to wiring, harnessing, assembly or test)
- Occupational trade school qualification in an electrical based field
- 3+ years of experience in a controls technician role
- Strong knowledge of NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), NFPA 79 & UL508A codes
- Demonstrable hands-on skill in fault finding and problem resolution
- PLC and HMI programming experience
- Electrical schematic drawing experience
- Excellent skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Meticulous attention to detail with hands-on work
- Standing for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs unassisted
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required or most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at (408) 675-7002 x156.