Welcome to KULR Technology Corporation! As an Associate Engineer, you will work cross-functionally with our world-class team to mature designs and to adapt existing product designs to meet customer needs. Our process, which the associate engineer will become fully immersed in, involves rigorous testing and analysis activities, interaction in a dynamic team environment, and interfacing with KULR’s customers.
Specifically, the associate engineer will support one or more of KULR’s product lines. These include, but are not limited to, the following: (1) thermal runaway shield (TRS), (2) phase change material (PCM) heat sinks, (3) safe battery containment systems, and (4) battery thermal runaway testing and analysis. Overall, the associate engineer will focus in the areas of battery safety and thermal management, thermal management for aerospace applications, and the development of advanced thermal management solutions.
Other related information:
- Job Type: Full-time
- Schedule: Monday- Friday
- Location: San Diego, California
- Travel: Occasional travel required.
- Benefits: 100% employer paid medical insurance, life insurance, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and 401(k) plan.
- Create and/or modify existing CAD files.
- Create and/or modify machine drawings and communicate the contents to our manufacturing team during their development of work instructions.
- Perform thermal analysis of designs incorporating KULR thermal management solutions, e.g., battery packs utilizing TRS for thermal runaway protection.
- Aid in assembly of KULR products for customers.
- Operate 3-D printer for prototyping purposes.
- Participate in cell-level and battery-level thermal runaway testing including design of testing procedure, execution of testing, processing of testing results, and interpretation of testing results.
- Cross-training. An engineer’s educational activities are never completed and cross-training in other areas, mutually agreed upon by the associate engineer and their supervisor, will be required to further support Company needs.
- Ability to be a part of a tightknit and quickly growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience with design activities involving CAD and machine drawing development. Relevant internship experience can count towards this requirement.
- 1-3 years’ experience in hands-on testing activities and post-test data interpretation activities. Relevant internship experience can count towards this requirement.
- 1-3 years’ experience operating and prototyping with a 3-D printer. Relevant internship experience can count towards this requirement.
- Desired computer skills: Solidworks, PTC Creo Parametric, GT-SUITE, thermal analysis platforms, computational fluids dynamics (CFD) platforms, combustion analysis platforms, Tableau or Microsoft Power BI, LabVIEW, MATLAB. KeyShot and/or Blender experience is also helpful.
- Expert use of MS Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel) required.
- Self-motivated, action oriented.
- Ability to work with a fast past and dynamic team.
- Adaptable, trustworthy, and resilient.
- Ability to operate independently, even when facing roadblocks.
As the world of electronics demands increasing processing power and further miniaturization and transportation into electrification, KULR’s disruptive, game-changing thermal management technology strives to solve the challenge of keeping electronics cooler, lighter, and safer in an ethical and environmentally sustainable manner. KULR benefits include 100% employer paid medical insurance, PTO, and Paid Holidays. Come be part of a growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals!
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at (408) 675-7002 x156.