KULR Technology is hiring for an Embedded Systems Applications Engineer for Smart Battery Management Systems Hardware and Firmware. You will create lab test and validation methodologies, help to productize various sensor types, interface to various 3rd party BMS modules, battery types, support OEM evaluations and help productize an industrial embedded computer platform. This position will lead to technical product management, working closely with marketing, sales, contractors and manufacturing to manage future product evolution, prototype to production. The ideal candidate will be very hands on, driven, collaborative, and find fulfillment in engaging in the entire process of bringing products to production- design, validation, troubleshooting, debugging, and future expansions of related product lines.
The primary focus will be on microcontroller firmware development, while also guiding and executing forward evolution of new and/or existing board level hardware designs of Lithium Ion battery packs and Battery Management Systems. Software development to manage BMS configuration, monitor and act on out-of-spec conditions, to capture and analyze battery life history data, sensor data, environmental data, usage data, charge and discharge cycle data, support external data exchange protocols, industry standard communications protocols, battery pack user interface, and support other optional peripherals.
- Fundamental understanding of lithium battery technology, electrical and environmental operating conditions, and life cycle expectations.
- Understanding of Li-ion BMS (battery management system) specification development and algorithms.
- Experience building or designing and enhancing battery management systems for electric batteries such as e-bike, drone, medical devices, aerospace, etc.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 4 years developing or/or debugging embedded firmware, schematics, pcbs and systems
- Experience with Lithium Ion Battery safety requirements, DC power electronics, and Charging systems.
- Experience with CAN SMbus I2C USB NFC BTLE WiFi Cellular and other communications standards.
- Experience conducting standard release procedures: DFMEA, DVP&R, etc.
As the world of electronics demands increasing processing power and further miniaturization and transportation into electrification, KULR’s disruptive, game-changing thermal management technology strives to solve the challenge of keeping electronics cooler, lighter, and safer in an ethical and environmentally sustainable manner. KULR benefits include 100% employer paid medical insurance, PTO, and Paid Holidays. Come be part of a growing team of thoughtful, smart, and hardworking individuals!
KULR is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. U.S. Citizenship is required or most positions. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources department at (408) 675-7002 x156.